Discover the Professional Way
Our Super Polymer formulation is at the heart of each of our horizontal and vertical cladding, making them the industry’s most quality manufactured products.
Nova Clad Your Siding Specialist:
- Vinyl Siding
- Horizontal Siding
- Vertical Siding
- Shake & Shingles
Vinyl Siding is manufactured to protect against extreme weather conditions it is affordable, durable and maintenance-free. This type of plastic exterior siding that is made for houses and residential buildings. Vinyl siding is made from extruded PVC (polyvinyl chloride), a durable lightweight plastic. It doesn’t dent, rot, or corrode, and is impervious to water.
At Nova Clad Roofing and Exteriors, we work with the BEST siding Manufacturers like Royal Building Products, Gentek, Mitten and Kaycan. We follow strict installation standards and guidelines established by Siding manufacturers and local codes.
THE BASIC RULES THAT WE FOLLOW:
• Inspect sheathing, Use Air & moisture barrier, and Flashings.
• Nail down loose boards and replace rotten sheets
• Scrape off loose caulk, use sheathing Tuck Tape around Door, Windows, Vents and other openings to prevent from moisture penetration.
• Panels must move freely from side to side
• Push up from bottom until lock is fully engaged without stretching
• Fastens Nails and other fasteners in the center in nailing slot
• DO NOT force the panels up or down
• DO NOT drive the head of fasteners so tight, minimum 0.8mm between the head and siding panel
• Leave minimum 1/4 “clearances at all openings and stops for expansion and contraction
• DO NOT use caulking where panels meet corners, J Trims, or in overlap joints
• DO NOT put fasteners through siding panels
Vertical vinyl siding
It’s a popular material because it comes in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colours. It is a very cost-effective solution, easy to install and it requires little to no maintenance, saving you on labor costs.
It’s not uncommon for it to last 30 or 40 years, in the right weather conditions, and it actually deals with water better installed vertically than it does horizontally.
Hail storms or big winds that may blow debris through the air, as may dent, or damage siding. If you’ve got older siding, it can be difficult to match the colours if you do replace sections.
Horizontal planks of siding are often considered durable, but they do have a tendency to be damaged by rainwater. The main reason is that moisture will build up between the siding edges and get into the siding strips. Over time, this can cause the siding to become compromised and require complete replacement.
If you’ve chosen wood as your horizontal siding, know that it has the potential to warp which can lead to rainwater leaking under the siding strips, creating a mold and mildew situation. Vertical siding doesn’t run this risk because the water will hit the surface and simply drop to the ground.
For homeowners leaning toward horizontal siding, they’ve got the advantage where materials are concerned as manufacturers receive far more business in horizontal than they do in vertical siding. You’ll also find that the materials for horizontal are the same as those used in vertical, they’re just manufactured differently, but the material itself will have the same qualities.
Shakes & Shingles
Request a free estimate
Please fill out our quote request form below to receive a free and no-obligation estimate or consultation on your project.
A member of our sales team will contact you within 24 hours. To better serve you, be sure to include a brief overview of the project.
If you require immediate assistance, call 587.324.1588.